This is a local blog, for local people

You are here - www.itsnotpretty.com
Talk to me - inchy@REMOVETHISBITitsnotpretty.com

Meet my inner child - www.freewebs.com/restlessnatives

Friday, April 18, 2008

Rude Awakening

I'm a bit grumpy today. Lack of sleep generally has that effect on me you see. The lovely Grace, who lives next door, is having a new fitted kitchen installed this week. Now that's not a problem. She came and explained to us last week that there was going to be a lot of work going on and that she was sorry for the noise, but the Poles that are fitting it have started bang on 8 o'clock every day. Again, because of my shifts, there was only a 50/50 chance that I'd be at home to be annoyed by the noise, unfortunately it's the wrong 50. On back shift I get home around 11:45pm and generally head off to bed around 2ish, so being woken up at around 8am has left me in a bit of a mood.

On the plus side, Siegfried & Roy from upstairs have finally disposed of their old shitty toilet that has lain outside the building since last summer, and all it took was a "When the fuck are you going to move that toilet?"

First 5 shuffled tracks from my 80's iPod playlist while I was driving home last night:

1: 'Drowning In Berlin' - The Mobiles

2: 'Big In Japan' - Alphaville

3: 'Eigth Day' - Hazel O'Connor

4: 'The Futures So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades' - Timbuk3

5: 'I'm Falling' - Comsat Angels

5 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

my neighbour's check with the wife. If I'm on shift they don't make a sound. Not since the first and last time they don't.

Anonymous said...

Being woken up by a renovation would suck hairy dog nuts so I am most sorry for you.

I only know one out of those five songs! The shades one.
Why wasn't I born in Scotland, oh why oh why? :)

Inchy said...

Trust me on this Kate, it's not the land of milk and honey that you dream of.

Steve said...

I sympathise... if you want to break me just deprive me of sleep I'll tell you anything.

Hazel O'Conner - absolute classic. Still rate Breaking Glass as a fine performance.

Suzy Norman said...

Grrr. We live above a group of shops and businesses change so fast 'round here that there is always building work going on somewhere within earshop and even on a Sunday, they don't stop banging away until midnight. What happened to our day of rest?