This is a local blog, for local people

You are here - www.itsnotpretty.com
Talk to me - inchy@REMOVETHISBITitsnotpretty.com

Meet my inner child - www.freewebs.com/restlessnatives

Saturday, February 09, 2008

National Treasure: Book of Secrets


Dear, oh dear.

Where do I begin?

Woke up this morning with a bit of a sore head, the migraine delivery man was well on his way. One of the after effects of such a headache for me is tiredness. With this in mind, we decided to see National Treasure: Book of Secrets tonight rather than No Country For Old Men, a film with a bit more gravitas. I just wanted something to kill a couple of hours, something I really wouldn't have to concentrate on, which was quite a coincidence, as Nicholas Cage, the star of said film, didn't really have to concentrate too much either! To describe him as 'wooden' is like describing Britney Spears as 'confused'.
On the one hand it's a film desperate to be Indiana Jones, and on the other hand it's Tomb Raider, but it manages to become neither. All you're left with is America's abiding desperation to have some kind of ancient history, which is exactly what this film has now become for me. Ancient History.

5/10

P.S. - Nick, just shave it off mate, you're foolin' no one!

No comments: