This is a local blog, for local people

You are here - www.itsnotpretty.com
Talk to me - inchy@REMOVETHISBITitsnotpretty.com

Meet my inner child - www.freewebs.com/restlessnatives

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

San Quentin here we come!


I should warn you, I'm about to sound like someone's dad, but what the fuck is going on with the 'Youth' of today? I'm referring to today's conviction of three teenagers for the murder of 47 yr old Gary Newlove.
As the BBC put it:

"Garry Newlove, 47, died two days after being "kicked like a football" when he confronted a gang in Warrington in August 2007, Chester Crown Court heard."

In my day, whenever that was, if someone my parents age gave me a row, or said those terrifying words "I'm telling your dad!", I'd be shitting myself, because I knew that if that person did indeed tell auld Andra what I'd been getting up to, then I was in for a right good kicking when he got home from 'The Club'!

Young people nowadays bask in the safety net that is The Law. That being that if some young shite is trying to steal your car stereo, you catch him, and in the words of Scotland's national hero, John Smeaton, "put the boot in!" then it is you, my friend, who shall be spending time at Her Majesty's Pleasure.

I hope these murdering wee bastards get a monster prison sentence handed down to them, or at the very least raped in the showers, but experience has shown that time and time again the punishment does not feel remotely severe enough to match what is a shocking crime. I'd send the bastards to Jaggy Island!

No comments: