This is a local blog, for local people

You are here - www.itsnotpretty.com
Talk to me - inchy@REMOVETHISBITitsnotpretty.com

Meet my inner child - www.freewebs.com/restlessnatives

Saturday, January 05, 2008

I may be The Stig, but I'm definitely not The Ari.


Every time I watch Top Gear I always think that I could do a faster lap than their so-called celebrity driver. I've been driving for over 20 years, have a thing for fast cars & bikes, and generally consider myself to be a bit of a petrolhead.

This, on the other hand, is true genius at work. The year is 1988 and Peugeot have decided to make an attempt on the Pikes Peak hillclimb record with the 800bhp 405 T16 GR, and Finnish rally driver Ari Vatanen (MEP Ari Vatanen, Chairman of Mobility for Prosperity in Europe). His subsequent record stood for 6 years.

No comments: