This is a local blog, for local people

You are here - www.itsnotpretty.com
Talk to me - inchy@REMOVETHISBITitsnotpretty.com

Meet my inner child - www.freewebs.com/restlessnatives

Thursday, March 06, 2008

ASBO's. The Pete Townsend Method.

This is Pete Townsend, legendary guitarist with one of the great rock bands, The Who. Now Pete's had his fair share of troubles over the past few years, but no one can argue that he is an axeman of the highest calibre, so he was the first person who sprung to mind as I was prematurely woken around 8 o'clock this morning.
Let me explain.
As anyone who has had the misfortune to read my blog in the past will know, I have two gay neighbours upstairs from me. They work away from home, I work shifts, generally never the two shall meet. It's an arrangement that I feel works particularly well. They have recently purchased a new hifi, and one of them, I don't know which one, decided, yet again, to listen to 'Bleeding Love' by Leona Lewis. I'm word perfect on this song by now, and I don't even own it (for good reason).

As I work for a hifi company, there was only ever going to be one winner, and that's me.
Since around 9 o'clock, I've had our Pete doing his bit at volume levels that I just know he would approve of. This has two benefits. One, it's pissing Will & Grace off upstairs, and two, I'm loving it.

The sad thing is that he probably just thinks I'm watching a lot of CSI.
I thought all gay guys had taste?

2 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Give em a blast of the Pistols max volume.

Follow up with The Ramones and then The Jam.

Finish with Joan Jett and they will move - or possibly invite you round which may be a worry....

Inchy said...

That's a constant worry.