This is a local blog, for local people

You are here - www.itsnotpretty.com
Talk to me - inchy@REMOVETHISBITitsnotpretty.com

Meet my inner child - www.freewebs.com/restlessnatives

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Polish My Helmet: Part 2

There's a good chance that even if you've never even so much as looked at a motorcycle, you'll know who Valentino Rossi is. He's the greatest motorcycle racer that's ever walked the face of the earth, he's the 9th highest earning athlete in the world, he has the largest fan club of ANY sportsman or woman, and as far as I'm concerned he's a god that walks amongst us. One of the good things about Rossi is that he is an open book. When things are going bad for him in racing, he keeps to himself and acts like the true professional that he is, but when things go his way, as they very often do, he turns into a teenager again and becomes a comedian.

Tomorrows race at Mugello in Italy is his home race and has one of the longest straights of any track that the MotoGP circus visits, well over 200mph on the straight. With this in mind, the clown prince of bike racing unveiled a new helmet design today, and I pissed myself laughing everytime his gurning mug appeared on the tv screen! Click here to see what I mean.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

and that there is what my facial expression would be as well going around a bend.

Bright Ambassador said...

I'm sorry but I think you'll find that Randy Mamola was the greatest motorcycler ever. So there.

Inchy said...

Hmmm . . . difficult one.

Randy Mamola - 13 career wins in the premier class, no world championships.

Valentino Rossi - 90 career wins in the premier class (might be 1 more in a couple of hours), 7 world championships.

Actually I'm a big Mamola fan and a supporter of his charity Riders For Health.

http://www.riders.org/

Inchy said...

Make that 91 career wins now in the premier class.

The Preacherman said...

Not being a great fan of bike racing even I've heard of him - and watched him race on tele.

He is so obviously not a Brit it's painful

How could he be he wins!

A new Ron,ron,ron a new ron,ron said...

I want to hate him because hes rich, fast as fuck, shags tons of top birds and is a good laugh. Bastard. If he was an arsehole like Edwards or has-been Biaggi it would make life so much easier.

Anonymous said...

Ah the leather clad biking brigade, they are just sooo cool!! Git yir knee doon and I hope it rips your leg off ya power ranger fucker!!!!!!!!!