This is a local blog, for local people

You are here - www.itsnotpretty.com
Talk to me - inchy@REMOVETHISBITitsnotpretty.com

Meet my inner child - www.freewebs.com/restlessnatives

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Unfeeling Bastard

I try not to get too concerned with other people's musical tastes, but I really have to ask:

Who is buying anything by 'The Feeling'?

Is there a more beige band currently performing anywhere on the planet?
The thing I don't understand is that quite a few people seem to regard them as the next big thing. Something I can't really get my head around given that their music far from fills my little world right up. 

They played Glastonbury, they played T In The Park, they played the iTunes Festival, and I'm sure that they must have played others, which leads to the inescapeable conclusion that someone is booking them thinking:

"Let's book The Feeling, they're grrrreat!"

No. They are shite.
Look at them up there, with their little androgenous faces, and their metrosexual product-controlled fey hairdos. They look about as much fun as irritable bowel syndrome.
You'd never get Lemmy turning to the camera, throwing back his hair and saying:

"Because I'm fucking worth it."

4 comments:

Helga Hansen said...

Beige is the new thing! Don't you watch Crap Factor?? This century's answer to Stock, Aitken & Waterman!

Thank goodness for old CDs and 80s music!

Löst Jimmy said...

Thumbs up for the gratuitous Lemmy photo-link!

The Feeling? i do suffer from irritable bowel syndrome and it's much more enjoyable than them, at least I'm getting something out of it, er so to speak - i'll get my coat

Steve said...

I have to say, I've never bleeding heard of them. And I feel great about that.

Inchy said...

You don't know how lucky you are, Steve.