This is a local blog, for local people

You are here - www.itsnotpretty.com
Talk to me - inchy@REMOVETHISBITitsnotpretty.com

Meet my inner child - www.freewebs.com/restlessnatives

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Radio England

I'm a big fan of BBC Radio 5 Live

"The UK's home of live news and live sport"

...but I'm feeling a bit disgruntled with them at the moment.
I've just listened to the 5Live Sport show that runs nightly from 7-8pm. It went a little something like this:
7:00-7:30pm - Commentary on the England football match from last night.
7:30-7:31pm - News (including the England football match from last night)
7:31-7:43pm - Commentary on the England cricket team.
7:43-7:47pm - Round up of Team GB's day in Beijing, including an interview with their psychologist and how could he help the England football team.
7:47-7:54pm - Lewis Hamilton on this weekend's Valencia Grand Prix.
7:54-8:00pm - Commentary on Arsenal's involvement with a cancer charity.

I can't help but notice that there was no mention of the other home nations.

Where did I put my bloody kilt?!

2 comments:

Zen Wizard said...

I know--they totally left out Commentary on the Isle of Man's annual skeet shooting championship!

Steve said...

Forget your kilt - I'd be reaching for your claymore if I were you...