This is a local blog, for local people

You are here - www.itsnotpretty.com
Talk to me - inchy@REMOVETHISBITitsnotpretty.com

Meet my inner child - www.freewebs.com/restlessnatives

Friday, November 23, 2007

Let the Rock Off begin!



My colleague, Jaggy Snr (that's him on the left), has recently challenged me to a Rock Off! We both pick, what we consider to be, a selection of the greatest songs ever (no more than one song by any given artist), and make a playlist of about 2 hours long. Ha Ha Ha! He doesn't stand a chance! . . . but wait, it's not as easy as it first would seem! On my first try, I managed to get it down to 69 songs and 4.5 hours!

Damn!

Sorry Kate, but 'Wuthering Heights' had to go!

Attempt 2, and after much soul searching, I managed to get it down to 33 songs and 2 hours exactly!
Here we go:

One Great Thing - Big Country
Hangin' On The Telephone - Blondie
Alright - Cast
She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
In Between Days - The Cure
Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
The Killing Moon - Echo & The Bunnymen
King Of The Kerb - Echobelly
Munich - Editors
Twenty Five Miles - Edwin Starr
Pump It Up - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Our Lips Are Sealed - Fun Boy Three
Everlong - Foo Fighters
The Bottle - Gil Scott-Heron
Basket Case - Green Day
Jump Around - House Of Pain
I Want You - Inspiral Carpets
New Sensation - INXS
Sit Down - James
Club Foot - Kasabian
When You Were Young - The Killers
Our House - Madness
Blue Monday 88 - New Order
Supersonic - Oasis
Babies - Pulp
Bully Boy - Shed 7
Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
This Charming Man - The Smiths
Local Boy In The Photograph - Stereophonics
Mersey Paradise - The Stone Roses
The Unforgettable Fire - U2
Lucky Man - The Verve
Werewolves Of London - Warren Xevon

The winner (me) will be decided by a vote by our work colleagues next week. I'll let you know when I win.

No comments: